DUKE&KAY LED THE TRANSFORMATION PROCESS OF THE ITALIAN BRANCH OF A MULTINATIONAL IN THE LOGISTIC SECTOR
French family business Company, an international player in the logistic sector, in warehousing and handling, transportation and co-packing with expertise in many sectors (FMCG, Distribution, E-Commerce, Industry, Cosmetics and Beauty, Healthcare, etc.).
The company operates in 14 countries, manages 3.500 vehicles and employs more than 26.000 people. The company experienced significant growth as it went from € 500 million in 2007 to € 1.4 billion in 2018.
Duke & Kay has been involved in the Italian branch that generates 65M € turnover, with about 400 employees, 146.000 m2 and 5 platforms.
This branch has (so far) been managed in a “familiar” and unstructured way. However, obtaining new international contracts then it has been clearly set there should be a strong potential growth for the Italian branch.
Duke&kay selected an HR Interim Manager to support and accelerate the transformation.
She succeeded to manage:
- Assessment of the teams and implementation of performance monitoring tools;
- Dismissal of some key figures and management of litigation;
- Recruitment of a hundred people;
- Conflict management with cooperatives;
- Contribute to the definition of a wages policy consistent with the market;
- New processes implementation;
- Assist in the integration of the new Director of Operations into the Italian team.
Key steps towards the transformation of a family-run business towards a company ruled in a managerial approach have been done.
The mission in Italy came to an end but, thanks to the successes achieved, it could be requested a possible involvement of the manager in some international projects.